Google

Saturday, May 31, 2014

ABC SERIES: B is for BEACH


We had a very fun week learning about beaches. This week for our craft we made a sensory bin. I absolutely love sensory bins because Lanae can help put them together. Then she can play with it throughout the whole week and it keeps her very entertained; it's a wonderful thing to pull out when I'm trying to make dinner.




Lanae poured the sand in and put the shells in all by herself... Sometimes it can be frustrating to let her do things that I could do much faster (and better). However, it really helps her feel independent and valued in a project. As Lanae worked, we talked about all the things you find at the beach. 

this little guy was so jealous
play time
later in the week...

We also took a break to practice counting the ships. Right now I am using every opportunity I can to practice counting with Lanae. Anything and everything. These little ships were perfect. I love that they have the numbers etched into them. It helps to find something unique and different to count. It makes it more exciting.


After our long week, we made a beach in a bottle. Check out the instructions for this EASY craft here.

Carisa
DESCRIPTION OF LINK Share on Google+ Email Link

1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you!