Google

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

ITALIAN CREAM CHEESE CROCKPOT CHICKEN AND RICE


I'm flashing back to college, here, so bear with me. The transition to college was a little rough for me. I gave myself an ulcer from stressing so much about whether I would be able to fit in with my new roommates and balance work and school responsibilities. I'm not sure if that kind of stress is normal, but I'm pretty sure its not. Ha ha. I prayed constantly the whole summer before I moved out that I would have an amazing roommate who would become my best friend. You are learning way too much about me right now...

Well, to make a long story short. The day I moved in my mysterious roommate wasn't around so I had the chance to snoop and see what kind of person she was (joking, I didn't snoop). But I did breathe a huge sigh of relief because she seemed clean and cool. She seemed like someone I could get along with. 

I promise there is a point to all this.

My roommate's name was Erica. We had a lot in common and we did become really good friends. She taught me so much and inspired me to be a better person. We did a lot together, including exercising and cooking our meals. We shared a lot of recipes. Some of the recipes that she shared with me are still my favorite!

Thanks Erica! For being an amazing roommate all through college and a great friend. I'm so glad I got to raid your recipe collection!

The recipe I'm sharing today is one of the easiest crockpot recipes ever. It's delicious and it goes a long way! My husband and kids love it!!! 

I only use 1/2 cube of butter at most and I usually use 3-4 chicken breasts and 1 packet of Italian dressing seasoning.


I have an amazing crockpot... a hand-me-down from my dad who is constantly on the lookout for the next coolest crockpot. So I have to cook the chicken on the very lowest setting. It still finishes in about 3 hours. You will be more familiar with your crockpot and the setting that will work best for you.


About 20 minutes or so before dinner I pull the chicken out and shred it. Then toss it back in and add the cream of chicken soup and cream cheese. With 1 packet of seasoning, I usually add 1 can of soup and 1 whole block of cream cheese (8 oz.). I love it nice and creamy!


About 20 minutes or so before dinner I cook the rice, then I pull the chicken out and shred it. After it's shredded, toss it back in and add the cream of chicken soup and cream cheese. With 1 packet of seasoning, I usually add 1 can of soup and 1 whole block of cream cheese (8 oz.). I love it nice and creamy!

Italian Cream Cheese Crockpot Chicken and Rice

Ingredients:

4-6 chicken breasts
1-2 Italian seasoning packets
1/2-1 cube butter
1-2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/2-1 block of cream cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:

1. Place chicken, Italian dressing and butter in crockpot. Cook on high for 2-3 hours or on medium for 4-5 hours.

2. When done, shred chicken with a fork. Add cream of chicken soup and cream cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste. If needed add a little milk to make thinner.

3. Serve over rice!



I love to serve this easy rice dinner with a salad or other side of fruits or vegetables. YUM!

Try these: 






Carisa
DESCRIPTION OF LINK Share on Google+ Email Link

10 comments:

  1. Aw thanks Carisa! You taught ME so much and continue to inspire me all the time!!! I'm glad we were roommates those years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I've been looking for a chicken recipe to try in the crock pot. This one sounds really good. Sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting and sharing! I know that you'll love it!

      Delete
  3. Yum! Thank you for sharing this post at City of Creative Dream's City of Links on Friday! I appreciate you taking the time to party with me. Hope to see you again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! Have you considered having your recipes as printables? I think there's an plugin for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I haven't found a great recipe plugin for blogger.. if you have suggestions, I would love to hear them! Thanks for commenting! ;)

      Delete
  5. Great recipe!! I can see this being a hit at a church pot luck!! We don't have rice at home because that pops my hubby's blood sugar :( I miss rice!!! Sure wish someone would come up with something that could take the place of the carb-loaded yummies like pasta and rice! I have saved this recipe. Thanks for being the guest poster at a girl and a glue gun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is definitely a crowd pleaser! I'm so sorry about the rice thing... We love rice! Have you tried quinoa??? It's definitely an acquired taste, but its full of protein, so it might help balance the blood sugar... Thanks for taking the time to comment! Have a great day!

      Delete
  6. This looks great!! I will be trying it soon!!
    I would love if you would stop by my Friday Favorites Linkup and share!
    http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!