Google

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

SIMPLE & DELICIOUS BLUEBERRY MUFFINS


These muffins are good! So good that I have been craving them for a whole month...


IMG_8471

My family and I completed 30 days of real food during the month of March. I had never heard the term "real food" until February. After doing some research, I found that "real food" is becoming a lot more popular among parents and other health nuts. The hardest part for me was the no sugar rule, especially at breakfast time. For those of you that are curious, I learned a lot from 100 Days of Real Food--you can learn more about the rules here. 


Now, you might think that breakfast is a weird time to miss sugar. But it totally isn't weird if your favorite breakfast is a delicious muffin with a glass of rich dark chocolate almond milk. Plus a batch of muffins usually lasts for a couple breakfasts... I tried 5 different real food muffin recipes during the month of March and none of them were decent. They all tasted like cardboard and after a day they were as hard as rocks. If you find a good real food muffin recipe, please let me know! 

These blueberry muffins are a childhood favorite. And they are the first thing I made when my 30 days of real food were over. These muffins are not real food. They have a little bit over a cup of sugar... which is probably what makes them real delicious muffins! Here is what you need to make these real delicious blueberry muffins. 

Simple & Delicious Blueberry Muffins

3 1/2 cups flour
1 1/3 cup sugar
2 Tbs baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
12 Tbsp butter
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp lemon peel
2 cups frozen blueberries

Instructions

1. Mix all the dry ingredients and cut in 12 Tbsp butter.

2. Combine the liquids and add to the dry ingredients, stir until moistened. You don't want to over mix.

3. Fold in 2 cups frozen blueberries.

4. Spoon into muffin tin and fill about 3/4 full. Bake @ 400 for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

IMG_8460


IMG_8466

IMG_8470

Cool for just a minute and enjoy a nice warm muffin with a glass of milk!



**This post was originally written by me for Mom and Pop Culture but this is truly one of my favorites so I had to share it here, too!

Check out these other family favorites:

 

 
Carisa
DESCRIPTION OF LINK Share on Google+ Email Link

6 comments:

  1. These look delicious! You could replace the sugar with coconut sugar and wouldn't even miss it and it wouldn't raise your glycemic load.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that idea. I will try that soon!!! :) Thanks so much for commenting.

      Delete
  2. yum! I just love blueberry muffins and so do my boys! pinned! Emily@nap-Time Creations

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!