Google

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

DISC GOLF TREASURE HUNT plus FREE printables


One of my husband's favorite things to do is play Disc Golf. He introduced me to the game when we were dating and taught me everything I know about the sport. We just moved to a new area that has a Disc Golf course. The course is at a really neat park. There are a lot of trees, trails and fields on this course, so it makes for a beautiful and fun night out. Our first time playing here I won the first 3 holes!!! That was a first in our relationship.



I have grown to love this sport because it is active, outdoors and it is really easy to engage Scott in conversation while we are playing. Triple win!!! I decided it would be fun to combine two of our favorite things. A night out playing disc golf and a treasure hunt! Sounds fun, right?

Disc golf is played with discs or small frisbees. Basically you start in a designated spot or a tee and you throw the disc towards the basket. There is usually a sign marking the course. In disc golf you calculate the score the same way that you would in golf. If you want to find a disc golf course near you, you can look one up here. You can also use this site to find courses and more disc golf rules.

If you are new to the sport, you can get a beginner pack of discs here. Or you can try out our favorite disc.


Now about the date...

I designed and created some fun printables for our treasure hunt. Each card has a poem with a challenge, reward and penalty for each basket. On my cards I also added clues for the treasure hunt. Because I wanted to do a Treasure Hunt, I had to scout out the area first. Then I had to go to the disc golf course earlier in the day to hide the clues. It was a lot of work, but totally worth it.

If you want to simplify the date, you could totally play only using the challenges, rewards and penalties on the cards and it would still be a blast. I think that Scott and I will go play again soon and use the cards for fun!

What you will need for the date: the invitation, instruction card, the how to play card, the definitions and the challenge cards! I've included all the FREE printables here.




Here is one of the cards I used for our date!




This is one of the cards you'll find in the printable pack. 

Scott was a pretty good sport. It was pretty entertaining to watch him do the chicken dance. He even said it was okay for me to post a picture of him doing it on my blog for all to see... :)


One of my other favorite cards was this unique challenge. Scott had to try to bounce his disc off the ground on his throw. When he couldn't he had a very interesting penalty....


He had to putt while sitting down. It was pretty hard. He had to re-putt 3 times because he kept missing. Finally, he made it! 


When we made it to the end of the course, I led Scott to the treasure! For the treasure chest I used our date night box. I filled it with Hershey's nuggets and a new book to read together. Inside I wrote this note...

Dear Scott, 

One of my favorite dating memories was reading with you on the couch in my apartment.
Harry Potter, if I remember right.
Let's keep the romance alive and cuddle up with an exciting book...

Love Carisa


Of course, you can use anything you like for the treasure. Be creative and have fun with it!

The Dating Divas is one of my favorite sites to look for date night ideas. If you are looking for more date night ideas, check out their Ultimate Date Night Book and the A to Z Guide from The Dating Divas here
Carisa
DESCRIPTION OF LINK Share on Google+ Email Link

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I did a Valentine's Day treasure hunt for my husband and he loved it! I love this idea. My husband enjoys disc golf, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Stephanie! Thanks so much! I hope you get a chance to do it. If you do please share! :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you!