Google

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES WITH NUTELLA FILLING


Today I was feeling a little down. We all have those days where we don't feel good enough, strong enough, smart enough... just enough. I don't mean to be a downer, but it's the truth. I think its important to realize that everyone struggles. But it's what we do when we struggle that matters. That is what's important. I bake when I'm bummed. That's not the only thing I do... but baking is definitely something that comforts me. Today I decided to make these delicious Peanut Butter cookies, but when I opened my pantry door I saw the Nutella and my mind started working overtime.


When I started this blog, I was planning to post family friendly and healthy recipes. But so far, I have mostly posted desserts. I hope you'll forgive me. I'll post more healthy family friendly stuff, too! You can't really blame me for wanting to share these cookies though, can you?

Both of my children love the cookies, so I guess they are family friendly :)

Here we go.... Mix the butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy... like so:


Add eggs and vanilla, beat well. Add dry ingredients and beat until blended.

Shape dough into 1 inch balls; roll in granulated sugar, if desired. I love that little ones can help with this process.


Place on a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Crisscross with the tines of a fork.


Bake @ 375 for 8-10 minutes. They should still be light and a little bit puffy. If the edges start to get brown then it's been too long and they will get really hard. Cool for a minute and then place on a cooling rack. While they are cooling, make the creamy nutella filling.

For the Creamy Nutella filling, throw all the ingredients together into a blender or mix them in a mixer. Then place it in the refrigerator for a half hour or so to chill. This makes it easier to spread.

When the cookies are cool and the filling chilled, spread the filling on top and make yourself a delicious cookie sandwich.


After 4 cookie sandwiches I feel a whole lot better. At least until I weigh myself in the morning....


Peanut Butter Cookies with Nutella Filling

Ingredients: 

2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar packed
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

For the creamy nutella filling:
8 oz. cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup nutella
1 tsp vanilla

Instructions:

1. In a mixer bowl, beat butter for 30 seconds. Add peanut butter and sugar; beat until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.

2. Add dry ingredients to beaten mixture; beat until well blended. Shape dough into 1 inch balls; roll in granulated sugar, if desired. 

3. Place on a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Criss cross with the tines of a fork. Bake @ 375 for 8-10 minutes. Cool for about 1 minute and then place on a cooling rack.

4. Make the creamy nutella filling by mixing all the ingredients together, I often just throw them all in the blender! Chill for 20 minutes or so before spreading.

I hope you enjoy these sandwiches from heaven...

Looking for some more delicious recipes???




Carisa
DESCRIPTION OF LINK Share on Google+ Email Link

6 comments:

  1. Yum! These look delicious. I've never tried them together, but these sound incredible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are even better the next day because they are oh so soft and scrumptious. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. I am not a big Nutella fan but I bet the cream cheese lightens it up a bit. Man these look good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cream cheese lightens it up a ton. But if you don't love Nutella, you could always substitute cocoa powder for a chocolate filling instead :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness... these look delicious. I so hope they brightened your day... they sure brightened mine!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!