Google

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

AIRFORCE BLOWGUNS GAMES


The Airforce Blowguns date night! This could be a date night for just you and the hubster, a family night or even a group date night with other couples you know. However you organize it, it's gonna be a blast!

I have been wanting to get some Nerf guns for over a year because I had this crazy cool idea for a date night. I was so excited when I saw these unique Airforce Blowguns created by a family from my hometown. I wanted to try the guns out, so I quickly organized all of my ideas into one incredible date. This date night should make it to the TOP of your list! This is a date night designed just for that special man in your life. I guess I'm making a pretty big generalization there... assuming that guys like guns. If your man doesn't, he will after this date night! :)


I designed an invitation to get Scott excited about our fun date. And I'm providing it here for you for FREE. In fact, I am going to be sharing all the printables for this date for FREE. Even the awesome Rewards Target printable. I love how they all turned out...


What you need for the date: 

Army Men
Hanging Target (be creative and design your own)

I've never really played with any kind of toy gun before. So I knew my husband would have a huge advantage starting out. I wanted to make sure that we had some challenges that leveled the playing field. With the way these guns are designed we both had some learning to do... and that definitely helped even things out a little bit. These guns are incredible because they are powered by the force of your lungs. 


After a couple of practice rounds, we were good to go. The Airforce Blowguns Games are structured with 5 challenges, each challenge gives you the opportunity to shoot for rewards, the last part of the date is an epic battle where you make the rules and use your rewards to get ahead... and you probably want to end with dessert!

You can see all the challenges and their explanations at the link above. But here is an example of what one of the challenges looks like.


We started out the night with Challege #1. Sounds like a great place to start, right?


It was a real challenge to learn how to load the gun fast! After a couple tries though, we got pretty quick at sucking the dart in and then blowing it out quickly and accurately! After winning the challenge, I was able to shoot at the Rewards Board and I earned Time Out to Re-fortify!


Challenge #2 The Hanging Target was one of our favorites. Basically Scott rigged up a target to hang from the ceiling in our hallway (with a shower curtain rod, some thread, a paper clip, baby toy ring and a little bag of story cube dice. You can rig up yours with whatever you have laying around... Be creative!! 


I thought that there was no way that I would be able to hit the hanging target. But I totally did! And it was AWESOME. 


The feeling of triumph when you hit a small target is absolutely incredible. I was on this super high... I had no idea that a toy could make you feel so good!! Ha ha. You are probably laughing at me because it's probably totally not a big deal to you... Well, I dare you, go try to hit a hanging target with an Airforce Blowgun and then tell me how you feel! :)


Challenge #4 Army Men was fun and exciting because it was an evenly matched competition (after Scott stepped back about 5 feet behind me). We lined all the army men up and tried to shoot the other persons army men down. 


Once we ran out of darts we had to run up, in the line of fire, to collect darts. If Scott hit me while I was collecting darts I had to step out of the game for 10 seconds, which gave him a chance to get ahead. So there was some real strategy involved in this challenge.

two men, one dart

I was winning by quite a few (2-8). But I just couldn't get those last two men. Then Scott caught up to me and beat me. The next day, we counted all the men out and it turns out I had 3 extra men to shoot down... Say what? So he rigged the competition. Just kidding. He didn't know! 

one second there, the next, gone...

I loved the rewards board aspect of the game. It made it a lot more exciting because it helped create greater anticipation for battle. 


We were really excited for the battle, but by the time we finished our challenges it was already 10pm. Which was fine because we had so much fun just doing the challenges! We started to battle it out, but then realized we might just pass out from exhaustion. We are so excited to revisit our Airforce Blowguns Games another night! 

Bring it on!!!

**I received Airforce Blowguns to review as I created this Date Night. But the ideas and opinions in this post are all my own!

The Dating Divas is one of my favorite sites to look for date night ideas. If you are looking for more date night ideas, check out their Ultimate Date Night Book and the A to Z Guide from The Dating Divas here!

Check out my...


Carisa
DESCRIPTION OF LINK Share on Google+ Email Link

3 comments:

  1. This looks SO FUN! My hubby would love this for our next date night!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get a chance to do it! Let me know how it goes :)

      Delete
  2. This looks so fun! We created these guns, and we haven't even done some of these things yet. We are loving your blog! Love the recipes, date ideas and the printables are awesome. Lots of creativity going on. Keep up the great work :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!