Google

Thursday, July 3, 2014

FIT MAMA SERIES KICKOFF


It is getting harder and harder to be motivated to be healthy and fit. I mean, a lot of us want to be healthy. And we want to be fit! But as moms, we have a lot to do! It's hard to find the time, and sometimes motivation, to make healthy meals and it's even harder to find the time to workout. You really have to make the time to do these things.



Really though... making healthy meals isn't all that hard. It does require some planning. I am going to be working hard to provide more quick and easy healthy meals, like these quinoa wraps. And snacks, like homemade granola and energy bites, on my blog. I have had so many people ask me how I feed my family healthy and delicious meals on a budget. So I'm hoping to be able to share a little of what I've learned. Stay tuned!

The point of this post is BEING A FIT MAMA! Now, I'm definitely not claiming to be completely and totally fit. I'm no expert... but I love exercise and I love how it makes me feel.

What helps me be motivated to be fit?

I have been working very hard since having Owen (almost 14 months ago), to lose the baby weight... I want to lose the baby weight so that I can be there for my babies. So that I can give them what they need!!! I also want to lose the baby weight so that the next baby doesn't push me over the edge. You know, 'cause each time it gets a little harder to lose that baby weight and get back in shape.


Losing baby weight wasn't my only goal. I do pay attention to the number on the scale. Probably a little too much!!! But I try to pay more attention to how my body is feeling. I want my body to have a little muscle definition and feel strong and healthy, too. I love feeling strong! I remember the summer I trained for my first half marathon I had these nice calf muscles and I was the slimmest and strongest I had ever been! I felt good!!! I felt confident... And then I got married! :)

It's time to feel that good again!

The last reason I am motivated to be fit is the endorphins. Regular exercise helps me feel happy and reduces the feelings of stress in my life. I stress a lot and sometimes struggle with depression, so exercise is very important to me!


I would like to share a couple of tips that have helped me be fit...

Tip #1 Find your motivation. The reason I shared what motivates me is so that you can see that it may be one small thing that motivates you or it can be a variety of things that motivate you. Figure out what it is that drives you!

Tip #2 Set a goal and reward yourself. I set a lot of goals and don't always reach them. My last goal I set was to reach my pre-pregnancy weight. I told myself that once I hit my pre-pregnancy weight then I would be able to purchase a new workout outfit. About a month ago, I reached my pre-pregnancy weight and found a killer deal on a new outfit from Fabletics ($14.99 for 3 pieces)! Now I am even more excited to workout! Now it's time for a new goal...


Tip #3 Find a friend! For me this is so important. I can workout by myself, but its not as fun! I love having a friend to go running with because it also gives me the chance to have some adult interaction in my day and it gives me some accountability. If I know there is someone waiting for me, I'll roll out of bed much faster than if I know I am exercising on my own! So go find a friend!!!

The rewards and benefits of working out are endless really...

I love feeling like I've accomplished something with my day!

I love having energy and feeling excited to be alive!

I love being able to help my husband with projects that require some heavy lifting... or even do a project on my own because I can!

I love feeling confident in my own skin!

I love being able to justify eating a little chocolate because I burned 300 calories working out... I know that's probably the opposite of the mentality that I should have, but hey! I'm still human! And Reese's Peanut Butter cups help me feel happy, too!


I hope you can find your motivation to be a fit mama! I'm so excited to be starting this series. I will be inviting women who have inspired me to share their stories, tips, motivators and the rewards that they have enjoyed from being FIT MAMAS! I hope you'll follow along and be inspired with me...
Carisa
DESCRIPTION OF LINK Share on Google+ Email Link

12 comments:

  1. I'm not sure why, but I do this roller coaster... in close time proximity... two week son, two off or whatnot, especially when I don't have a set schedule with the kids. Summer is kicking my butt from the progress I was making before. I'll be following along! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. I have that same problem.... That's why I suggest finding a friend to help get you out there. It makes a world of difference when you are working with someone else. Good luck!!! :)

      Delete
  2. awesome! you looks great!! I would love to join your series if you have openings!! I've tried MANY workout DVDS and would be happy to share my reviews ;o) Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to have you share!!! Thank you so much for your comments!!! :)

      Delete
  3. Love this idea for a series, Carisa! I walk three mornings a week on the treadmill before my boys wake up or I just don't know when I'd fit it in. My big motivation to get up and get moving, though, is the decadent tv shoes I DVR's the night before. I only let myself watch certain shows on the treadmill so I'm sure to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! Good for you. Whatever it takes, it is just good to be motivated to get going. The benefits are tremendous. Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  4. These are such great tips! I gained 50 pounds when I was pregnant with Little J, and I was really worried I wasn't going to be able to lose it all. But I found a friend and we jogged and did this thing called Blogilates together and then we did the Color Run when Little J was four-months-old and it was awesome! And rewards like new athletic gear help so much! Before I got pregnant with baby girl, I weighed 1 lb. less than before Little J, and I felt so much happier about myself! You just have to find what works for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chelsea! I really appreciate you sharing your experience. It's so important to find something that works for you and buddies definitely help... What on earth is blogilates though??? Ha ha!

      Delete
  5. Loved this! I'm just starting my own fitness routine, now that I'm 3 months post-partum and I'm so excited! If you're looking for guest posts any time soon, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Britt! I just saw your blog and started following. It is fun to read about you and your family! I'll let you know... :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the motivation! I try to sneak it in when I can (even 5min) instead of making excuses that I can't fit in an hour.
    Natasha @gigglegiggletootroar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 5 minutes is better than no minutes! Good for you! Thanks for stopping by... :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you!