Google

Thursday, July 17, 2014

FIT MAMA SHARLENE


Hi! This is Carisa’s cousin, Sharlene. I am a mother of 3 rambunctious boys. In the last year I have learned so much and have become very passionate about fitness and nutrition. I have reaped wonderful results from living a healthy, active life. I made the decision and commitment to consistently exercise throughout the rest of my life! I hope to inspire at least one person to do the same.  Allow me to share a little how I reached this point.


I used to have what I like to call an invincible mentality. I was sure that I would be healthy and feel great my whole life. Then babies #2 and 3 came along and they were only 15 months apart. I did a poor job at eating healthy and exercising.  After having them, I was in the worst shape I had ever been in. I realized I had some work to do! I was driven and I set the goal to complete a half marathon. Crazy, I know!  But, this one accomplishment made me realize the importance of keeping your body in shape by consistent exercise.



Guess what....it's not easy, especially when you first start out. There are so many excuses why you can't or shouldn't or don't want to do it. Don't let excuses get in the way because consistency will make you stronger!!!! Moms are super busy, but exercise is important. I could give you tips on how to exercise consistently while you have young children, but that will not do you any good if you do not follow these three keys.  If you have the right keys, you will find a way to do it because it will be a part of you.

Key #1, Knowledge: Knowledge is a powerful force to getting you motivated to exercise. Knowing the benefits for your whole body can change the way you feel about it. When you know how it can help your heart, immune system, digestive tract, and basically every other system of your body, you will have a better desire to be consistent and will be mentally stronger when the work gets hard. Gain a better knowledge of how exercise can help you. 




Key #2, Motivator: This is basically your "why". This needs to be a strong why, too. Because if you are just working out so you can "look good," it's not going to last very long. I will share my why with you. I work out consistently so that my body can be in the best and healthiest condition to be able to achieve my responsibilities and have greater ability, strength, and energy to help others. I am a living example to my kids and I want my kids to be healthy and have energy too!

Key #3, Goal: Setting and achieving goals will give you something to work toward and then allow you to be fulfilled and have great achievement. Once you have accomplished a goal, set a new one so that you can continue to do better and achieve more. These goals can be anything from losing five pounds to running a 5k or completing a workout program.




As you use these keys, you will see real benefits In your life. Here are some of the benefits I have seen in my own personal experience.

More energy: I feel like I can run around with my kids. I played a serious game of tag with my oldest and he was panting, but I was still going! I just feel good!




Strength: My body is stronger. My core is stronger which gives me better balance. My arms are stronger which allows me to pick my two youngest up at the same time. My legs are stronger which allows me to run and jump and ride bikes.

I want to eat healthier: whenever I work out, I crave healthy food. I try and eat healthy anyway, but I don't always crave the healthy things.  Exercising actually tells my body that it wants to be replenished by good things. Which is awesome because then I give it the right fuel for even more energy.

I believe in you!!! You can do this! Be a fit mama and you will bless your life and your family's life for the better and inspire many others along the way!



Thank you so much for sharing with us Sharlene! 

If you missed the series kick-off, check it out here.



Carisa
DESCRIPTION OF LINK Share on Google+ Email Link

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for an inspiring post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great!! So inspiring! Love reading how others are keeping healthy and fit. Its one of the best gifts we can give our kids... a healthy lifestyle!!! and a role model to follow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! I totally agree with what you said about our kids. We are surrounded by so many unhealthy choices, its important to teach our kids how to make healthy ones!

      Delete
  3. This is awesome! I go through these every time I start working out again….just need to be a little more persistent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Thanks for stopping by... I would love to have you share some of your tips sometime! :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you!