Google

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

APPLE PECAN TORTE


Today I am sharing my all-time favorite dessert! When I first started my blog, I brainstormed for a long time what I wanted to do for my very first post. Apple Pecan Torte was very high up on the list because it is so delicious and it is a great representation of me... Sweet!!! ;)


Honestly, I love desserts that have fruits or veggies or something else that I can claim is healthy so that I can justify eating more of them! In reality, after you put a huge spoonful or two of the caramel on, it's really not that good for you... but shhh! You don't have to tell. In the end, this is totally worth it!


I love this dessert fresh from the oven with hot caramel sauce. The caramel drenched torte is the best! However, in the past, I have definitely sliced off a little piece of torte and eaten it plain. Then a couple minutes later, I'll rationalize just another little sliver. And another and another. So really it is deliciously addicting plain too!


This torte is the perfect dessert in the Fall as you are looking for all things apple, pumpkin, cinnamon, etc. They really should create a candle capturing the smell of Apple Pecan Torte baking in the oven!! Mmmm.

Apple Pecan Torte

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
3 cups chopped apples
1/2-1 cup pecans

Directions
1. Cream butter and egg. Add dry ingredients and mix. Then stir in apples and pecans!

2. Pour into a greased 9 X 13 dish. Bake @ 350 for 45 minutes or until the edges start to pull away from the side and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

3. Serve with 3 Ingredient Homemade Caramel Sauce.




Check out some other delicious treats!

Peanut Butter Cookies with Nutella Filling

Carisa
DESCRIPTION OF LINK Share on Google+ Email Link

2 comments:

I'd love to hear from you!