Google

Monday, September 22, 2014

CHICKEN TAQUITOS WITH AVOCADO DIP


I love these! They are divine... Lunch, dinner, snack... You name it! These are perfect. The first time we had them was when we were preparing to go on a trip to the beach. We didn't want to be worrying about what we were going to eat and didn't want to eat out for every meal--we just can't afford that right now. So I made some easy dinner and snack foods that we could easily prep in the hotel room. These were a hit!


Since then, we've had the taquitoes a couple other times. But this last time... was my all time favorite. Because of the delicious creamy avocado dip! My kids are even starting to be expert dippers!!! Right now, if I give Lanae a dip she'll eat almost anything I throw at her... That makes mommy happy :)


Maybe by now, you have noticed that I like to take leftovers and make them into something a little bit more exciting than normal leftovers. I mean, I like leftovers... most of the time... but I also like to create and use things in a brand new way! 


If you saw my Creamy Avocado Pasta from the other day, you'll recognize the ingredients for the pasta sauce as almost the exact same ingredients as the Avocado dip. That's because I just took my leftover sauce and added a little bit of salsa verde to it to transform it into a delicious Chicken Taquito dip!


Chicken Taquitos with Creamy Avocado Dip

Ingredients:
1-2 large avocados
4 oz cream cheese
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 tbs lime
1 tsp garlic
1 tsp cilantro
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tsp salsa verde

Directions:
1. Bake your taquitos... If making them from scratch, you'll want to start this process early, it takes about 30 minutes once if you are working !

2. Blend everything up as well as you like. Blend it until it's creamy if you like it creamy. If you like some avocado chunks, save some avocado to just pulse in at the end!


Some more delicious {semi-related} recipes...






Carisa
DESCRIPTION OF LINK Share on Google+ Email Link

18 comments:

  1. These look great, and super simple! My kind of recipe. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I will have to make this dip! I don't think I have ever paired avocados with cream cheese..I can only imagine how creamy that would be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously love Avocado anything on anything......Mmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm, these look so good! I love Mexican food! Thanks for the recipe, these taquitos look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thinking I would love to make a batch so I can have leftovers for lunch! These looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh i love how easy and delicious these sound! Pinned! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That avocado dip looks great! I bet it would be good for just chips, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your way of thinking. I do the same type of thing all the time. I always try to use my leftovers for something! Your avocado dip looks great and I love taquitos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lot of the lunch restaurants here serve taquitos with avocado dip as an appetizer - now I can make them at home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love avocados, and my family will take them anyway I make them, lol. I bet they'd love this dip.

    ReplyDelete
  11. YUM!!! this looks amazing! I love the avocado dip!! Pinned it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We love taquitos and this one sounds fantastic with the dip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never made taquitos before but these look so good, also anything with an avocado dip is right up my ally!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a delicious idea! I've never thought about making a cream cheese avocado dip but I bet it tastes delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's always a good day for anything Mexican!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!