Google

Friday, September 12, 2014

CINNAMON QUICK BREAD


Today I'm excited to be sharing a childhood favorite! Homemade bread... but not just any bread. A quick, easy, moist, sweet and scrumptious bread that the whole family will love and devour!! This is Cinnamon Quick Bread and it is perfect for breakfast or dessert! And it smells divine!


This recipe makes 2 big, beautiful loaves or 4 small ones. I love to make small loaves of this bread because it is the perfect bread to take to someone who needs a little cheering up! And smaller loaves are super cute! 

Another bonus of a small loaf is that you can eat 2-3 slices without feeling too guilty! And you will want to eat at least 2 pieces. Promise!

This bread is slightly addicting in the fall... which is coming right around the corner. I can feel it!



When I made this bread this morning it filled my whole house with a warm delicious cinnamon smell that made me swoon. No lie. I couldn't wait for it to be done.


Another fun fact about this quick bread. It's actually pretty good for you. I was curious, so I analyzed it. I'm a little nerdy like that sometimes. Anyway, a single serving is about 209 calories, only 5g fat, 18g sugar, but get this, it has 4g protein, 1g dietary fiber and calcium and iron to help make you feel like you are doing a little good for you body! Remember... you're eating sweet bread.


Cinnamon Quick Bread

Ingredients:

2 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups white flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
8 tsp baking powder
4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
2 cups milk
6 Tbsp oil
2 Tbsp vanilla
4 eggs
1 cup raisins (optional---I never use raisins)

For the streusel
4 Tbsp brown sugar
3 tsp cinnamon
4 tsp butter (I accidentally did 4 Tbsp once and it was divine... Shh... don't tell!)

Directions

1. Mix all the bread ingredients together and beat for 2 minutes. Pour batter into two greased bread pans.

2. Combine streusel mixture until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter and swirl slightly to marble.

3. Bake @ 350 for 55 minutes if making 2 big loaves. If you decide to do 4 smaller loaves bake for 35-40 minutes... watch it closely so that it doesn't get over done. When a knife inserted into the center comes out clean the loaves are done! Cool on a wire rack.

Cinnamon Quick Bread would be great for breakfast, snacks and dessert! One of my favorite ways to eat it is smothered in cream cheese. Deeee-licious!



Check out some of my other favorite posts!!






Carisa
DESCRIPTION OF LINK Share on Google+ Email Link

5 comments:

  1. yum!! that looks so good, I can just image the smell. pinned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The smell gets me every time! Thanks for pinning!

      Delete
  2. Yummy! This sounds so good! I love cinnamon and I love bread, so I'm pretty sure I would love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This bread is always so much better than I remember... You definitely need to try it!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE quick breads! Served warm with some melting butter...oh man! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!