Google

Friday, September 26, 2014

HOMEMADE OREO SPIDER COOKIES


For the past 6 years, we've had a pretty steady tradition of making delicious homemade Spider Oreo Cookies around Halloween time. So when I was thinking of a craft that I wanted to share for the Craft Lightning series, I couldn't think of anything more crafty and delicious!



This is a super easy craft... 15 minutes max once you have your supplies. So... gather your supplies!

Spider body--Homemade Oreos (see recipe below)
Spider legs--Pretzel sticks, black licorice, etc.
Spider eyes--M&Ms, skittles, smarties, googly eyes, etc.


I had my kids "help" me with the cookie making process as well because they were really excited about it. But these cookies actually can be made in about 5 minutes (minus cooking time) if you aren't trying to let your kids help you!


Once you have everything assembled, demonstrate how to put it together so that everyone helping with the craft can be successful. When I made these cookies with my kids (Lanae really), I explained what each part was for and showed them how to do each step.

Then I spread the frosting on one cookie and placed it in front of her. I broke the pretzels in half and let her put the legs on. She was able to find a cookie that matched and place it on top.


After I helped her with the frosting for the eyes, she found matching M&Ms to place on top for the eyes. Of course, we had to use my favorite--Peanut Butter M&Ms.


Immediately after she put together her first spider, she couldn't resist taking a bite! She was so excited about it and continued to help me assemble Spider Cookies before she just couldn't be patient any longer. So I let her enjoy the rest of her cookie!


This year was the best ever. Lanae was totally capable of helping with the crafty portion which made it even more fun! She was so excited about the whole process. I love that she is getting so grown up and can do fun things with me!!!


Homemade Oreos

Ingredients:
2/3 cup oil
4 eggs
2 packages devils food cake mix

Directions:
1. Combine all the ingredients and mix together well.

2. Roll into 1inch balls and place on a cookie sheet.

3. Bake @ 375 for 9-11 minutes. The tops should just start to crinkle a little as they finish up. Do not over bake.

4. Let cool. After they are cooled, spread cream cheese frosting on one cookie and top with a second cookie. Mmmm. Enjoy!

 

Check out some other Fall fun!






Carisa
DESCRIPTION OF LINK Share on Google+ Email Link

3 comments:

  1. Those cookies are super cute! My kids would love to make those. Pinning this recipe to make with my kids in October :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! They are perfect! Thanks for joining!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious! My boys would love making these... and eating them!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!