Google

Thursday, October 2, 2014

PEANUT BUTTER & CHOCOLATE PROTEIN MILKSHAKE


I love Peanut Butter!! Seriously, I converted my daughter to love dips through Peanut Butter and apples. Peanut Butter and banana toast is one of our favorite breakfasts. I spread tons of Peanut Butter on my waffles and sandwiches... Way more than I should according to my husband! I even put Peanut Butter in shakes and smoothies... Enter... Peanut Butter & Chocolate Protein Milkshake!

I love all things Peanut Butter. So when I was asked if I wanted to join a Peanut Butter challenge each month with some blogger friends... I was ALL in! We're calling it The Peanut Butter Bash!!


At the beginning of each month, we'll be doing a fun combination of Peanut Butter and another challenge ingredient! So you'll be getting some fun (tried and tested) Peanut Butter experiments every month!

If you are a Peanut Butter lover like me, then you'll love seeing all the creative recipes that we come up with! And you'll probably want to try them, too. It's gonna be a blast! Sounds exciting, right??


This week, for our Peanut Butter Bash, we are doing the most logical pairing. Peanut Butter and Chocolate. It's a pretty easy pairing because those are two flavors that you definitely put together all the time. My favorite candy is a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, so I definitely know my Peanut Butter and chocolate.

Normally, I would probably make some rich and decadent dessert for this kind of challenge, but right now I am having a hard time with sweets and I'm trying to be a little healthier.

I still wanted to capture the rich, creamy deliciousness... but not too rich. I definitely love adding in the protein to help make this treat a little healthier!


I also used Carnation Breakfast ESSENTIALS Chocolate drink mix packets to add some calcium and other vitamins and nutrients to our drink to make it even better for my kids. Sometimes I struggle to get Lanae to drink enough (or any) milk, so I love being able to provide something delicious and healthy that she loves!!


Peanut Butter & Chocolate Protein Milkshake

Ingredients:
1 cup almond milk
1-2 packets Carnation Breakfast ESSENTIALS Chocolate
2 bananas
2 Tbsp peanut butter
1 scoop Vanilla protein powder
1 cup ice
1 graham cracker crushed

Directions:
1. Throw all the ingredients into a blender... I use my blendtec and just press the smoothie button. It blends it up perfect!

2. Garnish with crushed graham cracker.

3. Drink it up... remember to share! This smoothie makes enough for 4 servings!




Do you want to join in on the peanut butter bash fun? If so, email Miranda at miranda@cookiedoughandovenmitt.com and request to join the Peanut Butter Bash facebook group! The first Thursday of each month we post a dessert with peanut butter and a mystery ingredient. This month’s ingredients were peanut butter and chocolate.

Here are the other peanut butter and chocolate creations!
Carisa
DESCRIPTION OF LINK Share on Google+ Email Link

7 comments:

  1. Great Recipe, Carisa. I loved your post. Let the PBBash continue!
    Theresa @ Shoestring Elegance

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to dislike chocolate and peanut butter together, but now it's one of my favorite things! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm...Chocolate! I just started having protein shakes a few weeks ago. At first I had the vanilla flavor - didn't like it at all, and it even made me feel sick. Chocolate shakes are much better. =0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great. I love protein shakes. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Looks so yummy! Very smart use of the ingredients, too. ;)
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carissa, I love this idea!! It would have never occurred to me, but I don't know! All yummy goodness! Pinned and anxious to give it a try! Thanks for sharing your recipe!
    Hugs,
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!