Google

Monday, September 15, 2014

FALL SCENTS & TEXTURES SENSORY BIN


I love the scents of fall. I love all of the fun textures. When you walk outside you can see beautiful colors from the leaves changing on the trees... there are acorns and pinecones scattered on the ground. You can feel the change in the air! Well... In some places you can! That's actually one of the biggest thing that I'm missing about the West, right now!

So this Fall, we're bringing the scents and textures into our home. I seriously love this sensory bin! And so does Owen... I love that he can start being my model because he is getting so big! But it's so sad that he's growing up so fast!


Gotta tell you, sensory bins are so easy and so entertaining. I didn't go out and buy anything new for this sensory bin. I raided my craft and spice closet!


My 3 year old and my 16 month old have a blast and will sit quietly and play with them for 30 minutes or if its just Lanae, she'll play even longer. They love experimenting with the textures and how things fall.


This bin even smells super good! I used last years Fall potpourri which had some fun colored leaves and uniquely shaped thing-a-ma-bobs... It's not a super strong smell any more, which is fine, because the kids are just playing with it this year.


The other items that you see in the bin are pinecones, cinnamon sticks, pinto beans and old formula scoops. See? Super easy!

Check out some of our other favorite sensory bins!!






Carisa
DESCRIPTION OF LINK Share on Google+ Email Link

19 comments:

  1. That bin looks pretty enough to fill an apothecary jar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I bet this smells great and that the kids love to play in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks like it would smell pretty too good ;o) MMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. My 2 yr old would love this! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great, perfectly nature idea!!!

    HUgs

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! I used to do this kind of stuff with my kids when they were younger too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! I almost want to make this sensory bin as a decor piece on my dining room table!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these sensory bins. I think my 4 yr old would love something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a fantastic idea! I don't think K is quite old enough for me to include some of these things but I've got your site on bookmark for later when he is!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love what you have put together! What a great way to teach young kids about the different shapes, color, and texture of seasonal objects. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very fun. I think my kids would love this. Maybe we should go on a little hunt to find things.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The scents of fall are definitely my favorite! This is such a great bin to put together for kits. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I homeschooled for 16 years and I so miss doing this kind of stuff. Enjoy it because it really will go by fast.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting idea! Looks like they really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have a toddler so this is so perfect! I love this idea.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!